Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 20-30 min
Yield: 10-12 pancakes
- 1 cup of Buckwheat Flour
- 1 tbsp of coconut sugar
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of plant based milk (almond, oat, rice or coconut)
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar or distilled white vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Coconut oil to grease pan or oil of your choice
Ingredients for goji syrup
- 1 tbsp goji berries
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- In a medium bowl, add the buckwheat flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate medium bowl add plant based milk and slowly pour in lemon juice to bowl to create ‘buttermilk.’ Let these two ingredients sit for about a minute to react, then mix with a fork.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Mix milk, egg and vanilla together with a whisk until egg yolks are broken and all mixed well. Then slowly incorporate wet mixture to dry ingredients until combined until slightly mixed, it shouldn’t look watery. Set batter aside.
- Use your favorite pan or griddle and heat on the stove. Add oil of your choice and add a ¼ cup measurement of batter onto the skillet. Small bubbles will start to form on the wet surface of the pancake, flip once the edges of the pancake are a less wet consistency and flip.
- Cook the pancake on the other side for 1-2 minutes or until the pancake is cooked through.
To make the goji maple syrup:
Add goji berries to your favorite maple syrup.
Note: Refrigerate syrup for up to 3 months.