Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 - 45 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Note: Prep beans day before or ahead of time. Also option to buy canned Adzuki beans, already cooked!
- 2 cups vegetable stock/broth (already made or use our recipe!)
- 4 cups watercress, trimmed + cleaned
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 cup Jujubes (Chinese Red Dates, dried)
- 1 cup Whole tomato, quartered
- 1 tbsp Goji Berries, dried
- 1/2 cup adzuki beans, dried (or if already cooked/canned)
- 1 bulb, lotus root, sliced thin
- Sesame seeds
- Gomasio Salt
- Firm Tofu pieces
- Cooked Millet
- Black Sesame Oil
- Add adzuki beans to a small pot and cover with water, bring to a boil and simmer until the beans are soft. 30-40 minutes. Skip this step if using already cooked beans.
- Add oil to medium pot then add garlic and ginger to low-medium heat. Saute for 2 minutes until fragrant, be cautious to not burn!
- Add vegetable broth to pot, bring to a boil ~15-20 minutes. Once boiling add jubube (dates). Simmer for ~15 minutes then add tomato and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until tomato pieces soften slightly.
- Add goji berries until softened ~ additional 5 minutes. Garnish with ½ cup of cooked adzuki beans and a couple pieces of lotus root.
Option to add sesame seeds, scallions or top with chiyo Gomasio Salt or our Black Sesame Finishing Oil!