Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 45 min - 1 hr
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 tbsp of ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp of chiyo Gomasio Salt
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 - 5 fl oz can of coconut cream
- 12 oz mixed mushrooms (shiitake, crimni, oyster or king trumpet), trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced into diagonal pieces
- Drizzle with Black Sesame Oil
- Adzuki beans, cooked
- Add ginger, garlic, gomasio salt and tamari to a simmer in a medium pan, on low heat, being careful not to burn the ingredients. Stir to combine until ginger and garlic are fragrant about 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and stir well then add the can of coconut cream. Stir well and bring to a boil on high heat, once it comes to a boil, lower the heat to lowest setting to simmer for 30-40 minutes. Coconut cream will have mostly evaporated.
- Option to cook longer for ‘thicker’ sauce. Option to garnish with scallion, cooked adzuki beans and drizzle with chiyo Black Sesame Oil.
Eat dish with cooked brown rice, millet or with your favorite bread! Option to eat with additional meat protein like chicken or salmon.