Prep Time: 20 min - 1 hr
Cook Time: 30 min
Yield: 4 pieces
- 1 - 14oz extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 4 slices (½ inch thick)
- 2 tbsp tamari
- ½ tsp ginger
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chiyo Black Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- ½ cup of white and black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp chiyo Gomasio Salt
- Heat oven to 375 Degrees F
- Open tofu packet and grain excess liquid. Cut the tofu block in half and place the other half to the side. Cut the 4 - ½ inch thick tofu slices and place tofu slices on 4 sheets of paper towels and then add 2 sheets of paper towels on top of tofu to remove excess moisture and water. Place to the side.
- In a small bowl, add tamari, ginger, garlic, black sesame oil, honey or maple syrup and mix well. Add tofu to marinade, option to marinade for 20 minutes to 1 hour. The longer the tofu sits in the marinade, the more flavor the tofu will have!
- On a small plate add sesame seeds and chiyo Gomasio Salt. Grab a sheet pan and line with wax paper or parchment paper. Once tofu is marinated, remove tofu and excess marinade then add to the lined sheet pan. Sprinkle sesame seed gomasio blend on both sides then put in the oven. Bake for about 30 minutes and flipping halfway through.
- Serve tofu steaks with cooked brown rice, millet or add to lettuce or salad! You can even enjoy as a quick snack. Option to make extra marinade as a dressing.